We’re very privileged to have been shortlisted among the 100 startups to pitch for government funding under the National ICT Support Program.
Yo-Waste is a location based on demand garbage collection service app that seeks to disrupt the waste management industry across Africa.
Our innovation does more than just an effective garbage collection service system, we seek to make the waste management experience more effective than before through our 5 major objectives below.
1. To work with customers and recycling firms to divert wastes from landfills
2. To develop new & innovative technologies focussed on waste management & recycling in Africa
3. To disrupt the waste management industry in Africa
4. To connect haulers & recyclers with businesses & households to reduce unnecessary waste transportation costs and save both environmental & economic resources.
5. To help haulers & recyclers get more clients and earn extra income
Statistics have shown that in Kampala alone, the per capita generation of garbage is 1kg of waste per day. With a total population of about 1.5 million people every day in Kampala,
If you’re working on a zero-waste goal, you probably must have heard of a term waste audit or trash audit. In order to reduce the waste you generate, you need to know