We’re very privileged to have been shortlisted among the 100 startups to pitch for government funding under the National ICT Support Program.
Yo-Waste is a location based on demand garbage collection service app that seeks to disrupt the waste management industry across Africa.
Our innovation does more than just an effective garbage collection service system, we seek to make the waste management experience more effective than before through our 5 major objectives below.
1. To work with customers and recycling firms to divert wastes from landfills
2. To develop new & innovative technologies focussed on waste management & recycling in Africa
3. To disrupt the waste management industry in Africa
4. To connect haulers & recyclers with businesses & households to reduce unnecessary waste transportation costs and save both environmental & economic resources.
5. To help haulers & recyclers get more clients and earn extra income
It was indeed a great honor and exciting experience for our team to participate in the MTN App challenge.
Yo-waste was selected as 2nd runner app winner for the transport category because of our outstanding innovation in helping improve the garbage transportation sector in Uganda.
Yo-waste mission is to create sustainable communities that are waste free. We do this by building innovative waste management technology solutions.